There are many people out there who simply don’t have enough time or money to play every new game out there and find themselves buying one or two games a year. Just like ladies of a certain age will buy one album a year that was spoon-fed them from a local commercial radio station.
This very often means that the occasional gamer will pick up the latest instalment of Call Of Duty every year without fail and get increasingly frustrated with getting their ass handed to them on a regular basis by people who live on the game and are more concerned with personal glory and being ten times prestige in some insane and pointless willy-waving contest. Critics will tell you there are many problems with CoD: Black Ops but one of the biggest for me is the amount of idiots that you find online, and don’t get me started on camping! The biggest problem for those who some might call “Noobs” is the lack of community as it seems to be dominated by smack talking types with a win at all costs attitude.
The amount of tantrums heard on the mic by people shouting at other members of a team for not having the same class as the rest of the team is tragic and quite laughable at times, let’s be honest; it’s a game to kick back and relax to at the end of a hard day and not to be taking so seriously. However for people that feel this way, do not worry as Battlefield Bad Company 2 is a fantastic alternative and something that may have been overlooked by a few of you but offers more rewards as well as better value DLC!
Even if you are hopeless at the game, or indeed first person shooters in general, you get points for simply spotting an enemy so no matter what your skill level, you will be a valuable member of a team. Team work is the overall key to this game where people leave personal glory at the door. Your Kill/Death ratio is meaningless so get a grip people and work together towards a common goal.
If you fancy a change from CoD: Black Ops I urge you to pick up a copy of Battlefield 2 Bad Company Ultimate Edition, and whilst you are awaiting the postman, get familiar with the video below.
I guarantee that after a few hours of playing the game, you will be converted and your days of paying £39.99 and extra expensive map maps will be a thing of the past, but if you did have a thirst for more, a quick look at the recent DLC release of the Vietnam pack features a damn site more than a few maps for your money.
- 5 Brand New Maps. 5 distinct Vietnam-based maps each bring a fresh visual and game play experience.
- Six Immortalized Vehicles. Skim the treetops in the iconic American Huey helicopter. Drive the sturdy Russian T54 tank and the nimble US PBR “Pibber” patrol boat, plus three more vehicles immortalized in the Vietnam War.
- 15 Characteristic Weapons. Players charge into battle with 15 new weapons modelled on their real life counter-part, including the rare Navy SEAL XM22 machinegun and the characteristic M79 “Blooper” Grenade Launcher.
- Rocking 60′s Soundtrack. Listen to eight radio channels in-game, featuring 49 era specific tracks, including “Ride of the Valkyries” and “Fortunate Son” by CCR.
- True War Dialogue. All-new voiceovers for both American and Vietnamese forces, based on authentic communication from the Vietnam War for maximum immersion.
- New Achievements/Trophies. Players collect 10 new achievements/trophies, one being to blow up Vietnamese propaganda speakers. Earn new weapon proficiency stars specific to your skills with the weapons in the expansion.
An expansion that adds plenty of new maps, weapons, vehicles, etc vs a map pack that only includes 4 maps and 1 zombie map is a no brainer for anyone with a sensible head on their shoulders but we are living in a crazy world where the poorer valued product will sell much more, but it’s my job to tell you all that it doesn’t have to be this way and we can break the spell.
I Love The Smell Of Napalm In The Morning (cue Ride Of The Valkyries)
If first person shooters are your preferred game then I implore you all that haven’t already to make Battlefield 2 your weapon of choice. Its better value and a better game in many respects with fewer glitches that often spoil the COD experience. Remember a few years ago when the PES Crowd did the unthinkable and slowly migrated over to FIFA? There seems to be a similar change in the air as gamers begin to bore of the format and greedy franchise. Just remember where you read it first.